*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713068-Habit-of-Despair
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#713068 added December 5, 2010 at 5:35pm
Restrictions: None
Habit of Despair

Finished with the First Cut


Well, I finished the thread of my novel last night and this morning. It still has a way to go because I decided to write the human story first and then integrate the research. A rather unorthodox way of doing it but it should work out OK. Actually its easier in this case…using place holders for the facts and then adding them in later.

The whole effort was unorthodox. It started out as a final for the HSP where the idea for something larger began to germinate. Then the Nano came along and I expanded the context into an integrated outline. Then came the sizzle class and the Erotic components got field tested in “The Whole Enchilada.” Then I found a good historical text written by my favorite author Raphael Sabatini….In this I decided to model my protagonist after Tomas Torquemada…as I finished the research Torquemada became too grim a character and I had to dump him and no longer needed to kill of Teresa, one of my favorite characters….With that the last chapter wrote itself and the struggle of the past two weeks evaporated. Then on top of it all I was doing some blogs on “Spirit” and began to realize that a host of external forces were at work pressing in from all sides…Now it’s done in its essential form and I will be in the clean-up and polish mode for the next month. By then I should have a completed work to start marketing.

My cousin stopped by earlier and dropped off his handgun. He just got through a divorce and has moved back in with his parents. He has returned to Wisconsin from Florida and his feet were soaking and his clothes ill suited for the climate this time of year. I gave him a pair of my deceased father’s old boots and some long johns. Hopefully that will keep him from freezing to death.

Linda, my wife called from Marshfield where she is a cardiac nurse on the weekends….One of her patients died and that is always a downer…I will have to spend some quality time with her because such an event taken with all the burdensome rest of her job will have her in a sad mood. Sometimes I feel like a drug that she needs to get over the vicissitudes and back to her jolly old self.

© Copyright 2010 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713068-Habit-of-Despair