*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713190-Red-Lobster
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#713190 added December 7, 2010 at 11:51pm
Restrictions: None
Red Lobster
Red Lobster


Today we went to Madison. We ate at the Red Lobster. What a treat that was. After a delicious garden salad, Linda had the fried shrimp and rice and I had the flounder and French fries. It was a delight.

Afterwards we went into the Barnes and Noble and I ordered a Dummies book on Romance Novel Writing. I already have the book on Fiction Writing and found it very useful.

One of the most enjoyable aspects of writing for me is going back and doing an edit and refinement of the first draft. By that time most of the hard work is done and it seems like every addition makes the story that much better. I finished the “Whole Enchilada” which is really an abridged version of the Don Tomas saga, “Habit of Deceit.” It runs 9K words….

I have a final to do for HSP on “Love on the Farm.“ I hope that gives me another great idea for a novella…like the last one did…I did a first cut which would meet the requirement but started liking one of the characters more than the protagonist. That happens to me a lot but when I get that feeling it is usually worth following up on…its another example of the spirit at work.

Once I get the HSP final out of the way I’ll integrate my research into the Don Tomas novella. If I have 9K in the abridged version it should be no problem getting to 30K in the novella.

Its been a long day and Linda is turning off the light…I think that’s a hint. More tomorrow.

© Copyright 2010 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713190-Red-Lobster