*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713560-Dummies-Books
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#713560 added December 13, 2010 at 8:59pm
Restrictions: None
Dummies Books
Dummies Books

I love “Dummies” books. I have one on writing Romance Novels and one on writing Fiction novels. They are both informative and if an author will read one of these before they start pushing the pencil or stroking the keys, they will save themselves a lot of time and effort.

Recently I finished my first draft of a Romance Novel and then I got my Dummies book. I'm glad I wrote it the way I did because now I have a good starting point. There is no doubt how the story line goes, however I have a problem in that I have two sets of heroes and heroines. Both sets have a legitimate claim for top billing and I haven’t figured out who the starters are going to be.

Anyway I'm sure I'll figure out something….One of the things I learned is that the hero and heroine are supposed to show up in the first chapter and share the action from throughout. I didn’t know that. Duh! Makes sense….Somewhere in the course of the novel the supporting characters moved into the limelight and stole the show…..In the chronology of events they don’t really start to play until the third chapter….That means a back-story and I really hate those….I like to start with the action scene and follow a chronology to the end… I guess I am going to be stuck with some flashbacks….or maybe a sympathetic someone to talk to….

So what I intend to do is an outline to try and see the structure of the flow from beginning to end….I won’t number the chapters and scenes just move them around via cutting and pasting to see if there is any hope for this to work.

Then I will have to do something about toning down the once upon a time leading characters into supporting characters. Finally I will have to tone down the erotica into low grade sensuality.

If I do what Leslie Wainger is telling me I can see that not only will the result have a chance at publication but will also be a better and more coherently written Romance Novel

© Copyright 2010 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713560-Dummies-Books