*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713740-Summary-and-Chapter-1
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#713740 added December 17, 2010 at 12:04am
Restrictions: None
Summary and Chapter 1
Summary and Chapter 1


Today I wrote the summary to the Novella….I promoted the supporting characters Maria and Benvolio to main characters and the Main Characters, Don Ricardo and Teresa to supporting characters.

Then I want back and wrote a new chapter 1.…I figured it was a way to provide a lot of background and show an even darker layer to what is going on in the Order of the Holy Cross.

In the first book Don Ricardo will think he has put mattes to rest only to realize in the second book that the roots go far deeper than he ever expected.

For those that don’t know the story of what was happening in Spain during the Reign of Ferdinand and Isabella….and the institution of the Inqusition. Let me say that it is faciniating reading. The persecution of the Jews that took place during that period was a grim proof that history does indeed repeat itself. What the Dominicans incited leading to the expulsion of the Jews and the persecution of the New Christians (Those they had reason to believe were not sincere in their new faith and those that abetted them….) Is dark reading indeed.

It is a romance that takes place in an almost gothic setting…..In writing the scenes I have taken real events and written them into a new context. I am trying to not make it too dark but regardless of what I try and do it is going to be a bit shady to say the least.

However most of my favorite romances have their share of darkness and it is up to the Hero and Heroine to overcome them….and live happily ever after…We’ll have to see what happens

© Copyright 2010 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713740-Summary-and-Chapter-1