*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/714295-A-Trip-to-the-Bookstore
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#714295 added December 29, 2010 at 5:04pm
Restrictions: None
A Trip to the Bookstore
The Jackson, Mississippi area is blessed with several good bookstores, and I received a gift card from my Secret Santa for one of them, Books-a-million. Oh joy! Oh rapture! I went to spend it today. All was planning to do was replace books that were missing from my collection. I already had The Hobbit and The Two Towers from a set I bought around eight years ago, but I have moved three times since then and I had to replace The Fellowship of the Ring and The Return of the King. Also, I replaced my missing Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, the number two in the series. I have all the rest of them, I'm not sure where this one wandered off to. I have a sense of security unknown to a non-book-addict to have my collections completed once again. Now you know where I'm going from here: re-reading all of them. My next few reading weeks are set: wahoo!

However, not until I finish a totally new-to-me book. Usually I don't buy a book that I have never read before. A book has to become a friend before I invest money in it and allow it to repose on my bookshelf. This time, circumstances invited me to buy a nice fresh book: the two Tolkien books were Buy Two, Get the 3rd Free. As I said, I didn't need the other two in the set, and oddly enough, they weren't available for this deal anyway. Isn't that weird? But it worked out for me. I had to pick a third book - I found that I was constitutionally incapable of just buying the two books I needed without getting the free one. They had a bunch of one-step-up-from-Harlequin-Romance-books, which I think populate the bookshelves in Hell. There were about three or four in my mind to choose from, and I wound up with The Shining by Stephen King. I have only read On Writing and The Green Mile, so I was ready for another one of his. Now I can't keep my eyeballs off of it! There couldn't be a better time for this, since Stephen King and wintertime go together.

I hear it calling me now. Bye!

© Copyright 2010 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/714295-A-Trip-to-the-Bookstore