*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/716025-Gumbo
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#716025 added January 20, 2011 at 3:45pm
Restrictions: None
Gumbo
We had the Science Fair at school today. I helped a little with it, not much. I helped make numbers for the projects and loaned my assistant to substitute for Mrs. Science Fair Coordinator as she went about her Science Fair duties. Also, I brought crackers to go with the gumbo. What gumbo? you might reasonably ask. Mrs. Science Fair Coordinator made gumbo for the judges. Not being a judge, I did not expect to eat any. However, Mrs. Science Fair Coordinator put her head in my door around 10 minutes til 11:00 to tell me to come to the auditorium during my lunchtime (11:00 to 12:00) and eat gumbo. Around 11:10, she found me again - tracked me down, actually - to tell me to come eat gumbo. Then at 11:30, she had the office manager call me on the intercom to come eat gumbo.

Guess what?

I can't STAAAAAAND gumbo! *stomps foot*

It has yucky old slimy okra in it - in fact, I've heard it said that without okra, it is not truly gumbo. Yuck!

Now, I ask you . . . why would this woman keep insisting over and over that I come eat her dern gumbo? I was trying to get out of eating any as politely as I could. In fact, the second time she told me to come eat some, I was in the cafeteria line getting lunch.

I finally had to come eat some out of self-defense.

That is one bossy somebody. That's all I have to say. Dern.

© Copyright 2011 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/716025-Gumbo