*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/715044-What-a-Week
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#715044 added January 8, 2011 at 6:08pm
Restrictions: None
What a Week
Already a week of the new year over and what a week it's been. If things continue in this vein I'll soon be wishing for 2012. But you know me. Never one...

Last Sunday hubby and I sniffed, spluttered, sneezed and coughed around the supermarket, then delivered to my Dad. Hubby didn't go into the house as he felt so ill, but someone had to unload the stuff, empty the bins, sort out the washing and feed the birds. That would be me then. I only have a heavy cold you see. Hubby has manflu.

On Monday I prepared a meal ready for son and family visiting, but then Paul phoned to say Angel wasn't well again and we decided it was probably best if they didn't come. Wouldn't want them catching my heavy cold or hubby's manflu.

Tuesday I escaped to my friend's house for a foot tickle and an earbash, leaving hubby to self medicate his manflu and rest. In the afternoon he decided to have a nap, while I went to see my Dad, do some jobs there and pick up some shopping. I wanted to wash my hair on return, but hubby was still snoozing so I postponed that and switched on the computer. Five minutes later the phone rang. It was the lifeline company informing us my Dad had pressed his alarm and told them he couldn't move from his chair. Well, we did manage three days into 2011 without an emergency call out. *Rolleyes* So off we went to sort him out, call the doc and hang around. Not much wrong with him apart from weakness due to age and not eating. Unlike hubby who has manflu, whereas I just have a heavy cold.

Wednesday I escaped for a shopping trip to Nottingham with my friend, but not before phoning my Dad and establishing he too had now started with manflu. Hubby was too ill to move, so I delivered medication to my Dad, then sniffed, spluttered, sneezed and coughed around the shops in the city. Hubby couldn't manage to pick us up from the railway station because of his manflu, but did manage to stay up watching cricket, while I took my heavy cold to bed.

Thursday, hubby's manflu was so bad he had to go to the docs for aunty biotics. I walked up to see to my Dad and do some jobs there, as well as delivering more medicine for his manflu. On return I felt so washed out with this heavy cold, I decided to take a nap. It was then hubby must have felt a bit better, as he put the tumble drier on and I couldn't sleep for the noise. I was informed if I'm so tired I should maybe consider going to bed earlier at night. *Pthb* Pot, kettle, black, but no good going on about it, as he has manflu and I just have a heavy cold.

Friday, we were due to go to a shopping outlet with some friends, but more snow arrived in the night so that was cancelled. I caught up on a bit of housework while hubby nursed his manflu. My heavy cold seemed a lot worse, but there's no peace for the wicked. I wouldn't mind if I'd actually been wicked at some stage.

Today, my heavy cold is still not improving, but hubby's manflu is preventing him from driving, so I walked up to my Dad's to see how his manflu is progressing. For way of a break I had lunch at a cafe with my friend, but then got the grump treatment on return for being out too long and telling hubby I'm going on a London weekend with my friend in March. God willing. My heavy cold may have finished me off before then. Ever the optimist is Scarlett.

So, that's my first eventful and fun week of 2011 over. Surely things can only get better? One thing I know for sure. If I ever come back for another dose of this thing we call life I'm going to be a man.



© Copyright 2011 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/715044-What-a-Week