*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/716254-Miscellaneous
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#716254 added January 23, 2011 at 8:11pm
Restrictions: None
Miscellaneous
An assortment of thoughts:
     
      Just what is "reverse racism" supposed to be? Does that imply that only a certain race or ethnic group can be racist? Wouldn't "reverse racism" be a preference for or deference to the other race? Racism is just racism, no matter who practices it. If a Muslim is prejudiced against Jews, he is a racist. If a black woman hates all Mexicans, she is a racist. Racism is not limited to white skinned people. Unfortunately, all skin types and people groups are subject to the trap of racism.

      As for blaming politicians or public figures for terrorism or acts of violence, whatever happened to personal responsibility for one's own actions? If I hear a speaker of any bent, misinterpret and act violently, no one is responsible for my decision but me. It is not society's fault, or any public group if I fail to abide by the law or normal code of ethics.  Even if I am mentally disturbed or under the evil influence of a particular person (friend, teacher, spouse, etc.), the blame can't be passed to any other figure or group. Let's stop making excuses for criminals, and teach people to live responsibly in peaceful society.

      When did having babies become such a desirable thing for teenagers? I spend my time, probably to no avail, telling 17 year old girls that they still want to have fun, that they aren't ready for the burden of a child. They tell me they can go to class in college and take the baby with them. I tell them the professor will kick her and the baby out when the crying starts or too many students are distracted. I tell them about the lack of sleep, the hard work, the coping with baby sitters, and not being able to leave home without a ton of stuff, and not hanging out with your friends. They think I'm crazy. But I haven't lived this long without knowing lots of young mothers, married and not, trying to have a life, balance a job or school, and doing a miserable job as a parent, and being miserable themselves. A baby requires stability, and too many are not getting that these days. Everywhere you go, you see very young girls with a baby and a dog, and you just pray they're from rich families and have what they need to get by. 



     

© Copyright 2011 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/716254-Miscellaneous