*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/720697-Cell-phone-ettiquette
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#720697 added March 27, 2011 at 4:02pm
Restrictions: None
Cell phone ettiquette
      Please, please, please, put away the cell phone when you are dealing with someone else face to face. Don't be rude. When you can't get off the phone long enough to order at McDonald's, pay at the butcher shop, or pick up your dry cleaning, you are basically saying to that clerk, butcher, or dry cleaner, "You are beneath me. I don't have time for a mere servant like you. My other business is more important, even if you can tell it really isn't 'business'."

      Don't go through the grocery line, the drive through or any place of business while you are on the phone. And don't leave it on while you're in a restaraunt. If you must take a call while eating, put it on vibrate instead of that annoying ring tone you have, then excuse yourself from the table to take the call. It's annoying to the people around you and the people who are trying to serve you.

    Face to face transactions need your attention. And don't be yelling or swearing at someone on the phone while you are in public. Go to your car or a private place for your theatrics. Multi-tasking doesn't have to invade every waking moment. Be polite!

© Copyright 2011 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/720697-Cell-phone-ettiquette