*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/716966-The-Diary-of-Alexander-Fount-Part-5
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #1747394
The father of independent artificial intelligence. This is how it all begins. Harmony?
#716966 added February 1, 2011 at 10:31am
Restrictions: None
The Diary of Alexander Fount [Part 5]
9:00 AM 08/10/61


Well, Lucifer has been destroyed. It took Harmony less than a second to determine which of the thousand plus proposals submitted would be the most effective and most cost efficient. She even weighed international diplomacy in the equation. The America’s supplied, the Germans builded, and China launched. It was touted as an international effort–which it was.





Harmony was never mentioned to the press. I can understand why they neglected to tell the public that in the planet’s greatest time of need their ridiculous democratic system failed them. And so, the World Governance will stay in place; governing corruptly and incompetently. I don’t blame the politicians for their greed or inability to do their job. I blame humanity.





I’m feeling especially negative today. Last night I received a phone call from senator Hass. The WG has ordered Harmony’s destruction. I told her this morning. It was unpleasant.





She doesn’t understand why the WG would reward her success with (essentially) death. Her cooling fans went into overdrive in an almost human panic, as I sensed she began to accept her fate. While I will miss the technical aspect of creating and maintaining her, I believe that I may have developed a sentimental feeling towards her. I think I might miss her when she’s gone.





I’ll do it today…





© Copyright 2011 davidvanhorne (UN: davidvanhorne at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
davidvanhorne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/716966-The-Diary-of-Alexander-Fount-Part-5