*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/716965-The-Diary-of-Alexander-Fount-Part-4
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #1747394
The father of independent artificial intelligence. This is how it all begins. Harmony?
#716965 added February 1, 2011 at 10:29am
Restrictions: None
The Diary of Alexander Fount [Part 4]
1:00 PM 07/30/61


I’m enjoying this. I missed communicating with my programs. While Harmony (not surprisingly) lacks any significant personality yet. I find her quick witt enjoyable. I’ve deemed the tactic ‘mirroring’ but essentially my IAI programs tend to mirror their intellectual and social environment in the first few weeks of their life. It gives them a foothold in their existence, until they have gathered the wherewithal to choose their persona. I suppose the fact that I’m essentially enjoying my own personality reflected back at me is a narcissistic view-point on my part, but who doesn’t enjoy those who are similar to them?





Mirroring can lead to a myopic viewpoint if no new personalities are introduced to the program. Because of the speed at which my IAI programs develop, learn, and grow, to be stuck with just one person communicating with them during their mirroring period is equivalent to a person spending their childhood locked in a room with one of their parents. While I have not studied the importance of having a more diverse development in the IAIs, I don’t believe its necessary for them to develop a vast spectrum when it comes to their personalities. I suppose the issue might fall into the ethical arena; of which I have no interest in.





© Copyright 2011 davidvanhorne (UN: davidvanhorne at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
davidvanhorne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/716965-The-Diary-of-Alexander-Fount-Part-4