*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/717371-Why-Ill-Never-Marry-Part-4
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #1747408
Playboy Zachariah Switch sheds some light on why he is who he is before his transformation
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#717371 added February 7, 2011 at 1:33pm
Restrictions: None
Why I’ll Never Marry [Part 4]
I can’t understand why Leslie was so dramatic on the last night we were together. It seems she had told herself that what we had together was much more than it actually was. What she (apparently) believed to be reality was clearly a distorted version. Her delusional sense of the facts turned out to be dangerous. The last night we were together that fact became clear.





I called her around midnight and asked her to come over. She did, and things proceeded as they normally had. After, while we were in bed, she told me that she loved me—yet again. I responded with my usual awkward “ok”. That was when she lost whatever little sanity she had somehow been maintaining. She began slapping and hitting me.





At first I thought it was kind of funny, until one of her long claws caught me in my left eye. My automatic response was to shove her—hard. Because she was fairly petite, and I’m pretty strong, she slammed into the stone wall. What a mess that turned out to be.





She didn’t get up, and when I bent down to examine her, I noticed the blood that was seeping from her head. I called for the ground’s medic, but it was no use. She had hit the wall at an angle, and broken her neck. I was told she probably felt very little pain.





The incident was, of course, buried with her. “The last thing the Switch brand needs is bad press right now.” The Autocrat (aka dad) orchestrated the cover up. I’m sure more out of self preservation than love, but I don’t expect anything more from him. He seemed oddly prepared for it. I wouldn’t doubt if something like that had happened to him before.





© Copyright 2011 davidvanhorne (UN: davidvanhorne at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
davidvanhorne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/717371-Why-Ill-Never-Marry-Part-4