*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/717789-Mom-wakes-up-crying
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#717789 added February 13, 2011 at 7:13pm
Restrictions: None
Mom wakes up crying
Jamál (Beauty), 7 Mulk (Dominion), 167 BE – Sunday, February 13, 2011 about 4:15 PM Pacific Time

It is Sunday, February 13, 2011, tomorrow if Valentines Day. Mom is sitting on the love sleep dozing with a cat on her lap. She is talking in her sleep; I am not sure what she is saying. She sounds as if she is having a dream of some type. However, I suspect I know now why she wakes up in the middle of the night crying.

Mom also wakes up early in the morning crying. She cries because she cannot find her shoes or her glasses. She cries because she believes everyone hates her. I know the main issue is the Alzheimer’s disease. The meds she takes seem to help a bit. I doubt that any medication is going to help more then a little bit.

I miss my mother. I miss the woman Mom used to be before the Alzheimer’s disease sit in. Sometimes Mom is her old self. Sometimes Mom sings. Mornings are more difficult then afternoons. Cloudy days are more difficult then sun shiny days. Winter is more difficult then spring or summer. I am losing my mother. Her memory is slowly going; she does not remember that her parents are dead and that she attended their funeral in Blackwell, Oklahoma.

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/717789-Mom-wakes-up-crying