*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/718678-you-may-be-right---
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Julie
Rated: · Book · Experience · #1741118
I challenged myself to 250 words a day, we'll see how that turns out. . .
#718678 added February 26, 2011 at 3:44pm
Restrictions: None
you may be right . . .
So was a touch hysterical the other day, but I do feel better having gotten the whole stomach saga down on paper, even if I wasn't at my most coherent.  I've done some thinking and I've come to the conclusion that the only real way anyone in the medical profession is going to take me seriously and actually believe that something more serious is actually wrong is if I follow all of their directions so as hard as that's going to be, I'm going to do it.  So I've quit smoking--no cigarettes for 2 weeks now, and while its hard, its not as hard as it would be if Aberdeen hadn't banned smoking in bars, so I suppose I am actually grateful for that.  This week I'm eating whatever I want, but next week I'm going to start gastropareisis diet phase one.  That's the all liquid diet.  I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to manage that, but I'm going to do it for a week.  And I'll make sure none of my liquids have fructose in them so that base will be covered too.  The week after that I'll see the dietician so hopefully that will help a little with the phase 2 and fructose intolerance diets.  And maybe I'll feel great by the time I see the GP on the 28th and the stomach dr in April and all will be well. 


But I'm not hopful.  Its my eat whatever I want week, but I haven't wanted much because I've had such a hard time with everything.  Much like back in 2000 and '03, food is leaving almost as quickly as its coming in.  And its not leaving pleasantly. Granted I've been eating a lot of fatty food, and fatty food is generally the problem, but usually its only meat, and now its EVERYTHING (donuts you've betrayed me! I thought we were friends).  And I drank with my friends a couple of nights, and alcohol has all kinds of stuff I shouldn't have Im sure.  But I figure it will be awhile if I behave on stupid diet so I might as well have some fun during my eat whatever I want week too.  Truth be told, the company was great but the booze was not as fun as usual.  Stupid stomach is as usual the bane of my existence. 


So broke down and asked bio parent (egg donor seems to harsh and mother related terms too familiar) about medical history.  Talking to her makes me a bit uncomfortable, although I must have matured some because its going better now than last time I attempted it.  And its been very helpful.  She has RA, there is diabetes in her family, and her sister (who would be my aunt I guess) had a thryoid disorder way back where they killed her thyroid.  Before they did that she gained a bunch of weight and lost hair, so I suspect it was Hashimotos, which is what I've been suspecting I have too--even though the doc thinks I'm a nut case.  I might BE a bit crazy, but I might also be right and having a family history to base info on will be a huge help when I go to talk to doctor on the 28th.  I may actually get the bloodwork I should have had years ago instead of the usual "are you taking your meds?" and "maybe you should talk to Rhonda" speech.  I sort of wonder if ALL patients with a psych diagnosis get treated like this, or only those with medicare only for their insurance.  Medicare doesn't pay as well as regular insurance or Medicaid, so that is a reasonable question I think, BUT I may be crazy.

© Copyright 2011 Julie (UN: julie42a at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Julie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/718678-you-may-be-right---