*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/718881-E-Education-and-the-School-House
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#718881 added March 1, 2011 at 11:50pm
Restrictions: None
E-Education and the School House
The Impact of E-Education on traditional classroom teaching.

I can see now with this course I’m going to have to get up to speed on ML-Write. I’ve been on this site for almost 2 years and have a portfolio of 250 entries and still haven’t leaned the ropes to doing it. I think that is all about to change. One of the administrators at New Horizon Writing Academy is helping me get smart.

Actually I kinda know what it is about….not all the code but what it is designed to do…..It is a cross between programming and user friendly software….a sort of utility software. Having worked in GW Basic and “C++” I have a remedial understanding of programming languages and expect this utility software or ML-Write will not be that hard to understand.

The reason the investment in time and energy should be worthwhile is because all these Class Pages and Lesson plans are going to have to be tied together with links allowing the student to move easily back and forth between pages. When you think about it there are some real advantages to an E-Classroom over a conventional one. For one thing you don’t have to leave your workplace to go to the library…For another you can flip easily between linked items where you once had to go to an appendix or table of contents to find a page in a textbook.

One of the things you learn in programming is something called modular programming…..it isn’t really programming at all but creating functional modules of code that can be written independently and plugged into the thread or exoskeleton of a control module. This is going to have some real utility in this course I’m designing. For example you can set up a series of links on a page and use some “If then Statements…” and return to the master module.

In addition to Lesson Plans and Class Materials there will be a compendium of terms (A dictionary) which will be cross-referenced to a sample play/style manual. Then there will be a Repository of Comments linked to the check lists used to evaluate each lesson which have some common answers to common questions and problems…This should make it easier to answer questions, if the answers are stored….so they can be cut and pasted when the same one crops up again. This should be helpful if a substitute has to step in.

Undisciplined classrooms and disruptive kids have become such a big problem that learning has really been impaired in today’s schools and the E-Classroom could loom big in the future. Home schooling and private schooling have shown there are quality alternatives to the expensive traditional public school venue. It is only a question of time before taxpayers start looking for alternatives. I have sympathy for teachers and the conditions under which they work, but am troubled by all the extremism, politicalization and indoctrination that is going on. Maybe the time for decentralizing our education systems is at hand.

© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/718881-E-Education-and-the-School-House