*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/719360-Reading-People
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#719360 added March 7, 2011 at 9:47pm
Restrictions: None
Reading People
Reading People

The past two days I have had plenty to blog about but I have been immersed in writing my New Horizons course, The One Act Play.

One of my occasional readers is Legerdemain, I hope she doesn’t mind my mentioning her in my blog. She often comments and her ideas propel me in new directions….It also happens that she runs a sig shop on WDC and does good work.

Anyway as I was working on my course I had a requirement for some images and I told her what I was looking for. She came back with several that looked good and provided me with some links to go searching on the web.

Now here is the interesting part….She provided me with 5 links and I spent about six (6) hours I couldn’t afford, exploring probably just the bare tip of what was out there and didn’t find anything that really got the amp meter needle to twitching.

So I went back and said essentially….Didn’t find anything any better than what you showed me.….Take those and make the following modifications…..

She did and the results were great…I love to see good stuff and she really delivered. As I looked at the six (6) images I was struck not so much by their individual quality but by their integration….The went together…..It was like an ensemble that not only contained quality garments but they were coordinated….is this making sense? Sometimes I see writers who can say for example write great exposition but that exposition is not well coordinated with the overall structure or the demands of the genre….

Anyway I told her that working with her was amazing because from the briefest of links….where I explained the requirement in an email….she entered a huge universe of images and found exactly what I wanted. I went out into this same world and found where she had gotten the images and conceded they were the best ones out there….

I could have saved myself 6 hours….but then again how often do you find someone with the interface software that can read your mind….my wife can, my daughters can…my mother could….and that’s about it…

Isn’t it amazing the stuff that happens around us that we have to pause and take a second look at before we notice a connection with more that a “so what?“ shrug.



© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/719360-Reading-People