*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/719514-Sneaky-sneaky
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#719514 added March 10, 2011 at 2:36am
Restrictions: None
Sneaky, sneaky
Today I picked up my wife's car from the dealership, where it had been undergoing a repair for a faulty electronic control... part thingy. She's got a brand new (2010) car and this is the second time we've had to bring it in since buying the vehicle at the end of October, although supposedly it's really fixed this time. Without going into particulars about what I think of this particular dealership, there are really only two relevant pieces of information for this anecdote:

         1. This is not the dealership where we purchased the vehicle. The actual dealership where we bought the vehicle is several miles away, but the one we've gone to for these last two repairs has been the one along my wife's commute to work.

         2. I removed the dealership license plate holder. She and I hate the advertising and think they look tacky, so I remove them; it's just the license plate itself on the front and back of her car.

So I noticed this evening as I was walking to the car, that this other dealership took the liberty of putting license plate holders from their dealership on our vehicle. I mean, is it just me, or is that incredibly presumptive and just a little bit underhanded of them to put their own license plate holder on our vehicle without notifying us? If I wanted a dealership's license plate holder on my vehicle I would have left on the ones that came with the vehicle... you know, from the dealership where we actually purchased the vehicle.

I have to take one of the keys back to be reprogrammed (another little detail they neglected to mention when they told me I could come pick up the car), and I'm planning on handing the service rep back his license plate holders and telling him they seemed to have found their way onto my car by accident, because I certainly didn't ask for them.

I hate the fact that they put them on without asking, and even more for the fact that they didn't tell me. Were they hoping I just wouldn't notice? *Angry*

© Copyright 2011 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/719514-Sneaky-sneaky