*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/719822-Bouncing-Like-a-Ping-Pong-Ball
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#719822 added March 15, 2011 at 9:14am
Restrictions: None
Bouncing Like a Ping-Pong Ball
Bouncing Like a Ping-Pong Ball

I am taking a House of Sensual Prose (HSP) Course and the Instructor is a good writer. I think I mentioned her use of an emotion line, followed by a desire line and then a dialogue line….A thousand words….that is a good number…I have been working with about 900 and an extra few would be welcome.

Well for this assignment the requirement has to do with non (physical) attachment relationships like between friends and brothers and siblings….something non-contact but which does require emotion and good dialogue and the use of the senses. To make sure I get everything I am going to use an outline which is something I don’t normally use in flash fiction and see how that pans out. The reason I am using an outline is to make sure I alternate the emotion, with the need with the dialogue and the sensory imagery….I am not good at this and need to work on it. Also it will give my readers who steer clear of sensual prose something they can look at.

For those who are not aware I have been writing a serial of sensual flash fiction based upon the weekly quickie prompt for inclusion in the Weekly Quickie Contest. This series called the “The car builder and the Real Estate Agent,” has over 25 vignettes. It has evolved central characters from Beth the Real Estate Agent to Manny Hardin an organized crime figure.

Manny has these trials for his girls which is a vehicle to the prompt but in addition there is a submerged story line that runs concurrently that explains in a clue here and a comment there why these trials are necessary. A couple weeks ago I decided to enter a Horror Contest and used a vignette with a terror rather than a sensual theme….It got the infamous…gee whiz, we hated it get lost response. However it did open the door to a new genre of contests. As the serial has moved along there has been enough revealed so an astute reader can begin to speculate on what Manny’s secret is and why he is going to these inordinate lengths to scare off his female candidates….At this time he has a particularly smart and stubborn one called Shaundra.

She is modeled after a female soldier in one of my units in Germany who was a real pain…until we ran an escape and evasion exercise and she got caught and interrogated by the Military Intelligence Unit that was also participating….They tried every legitimate psychological trick in the book on her and got nowhere…The commander showed me the tape and shook his head in disbelief and admiration. She outperformed everybody and even though she continued to be a “pain” I always walked in a certain awe of her after that. She was a black girl from the projects. ..

I’ll write some more on this tomorrow and where the Manny Hardin series is heading….Also remind me to relate the story of the Vietnamese Union at Dan Nang in the last days of the drawdown…my second tour.

Also I will post again the Link to the Introduction to the Drama Class I will be Teaching in May. "Introduction to the One Act Play [E]

© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/719822-Bouncing-Like-a-Ping-Pong-Ball