*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/721099-Cant-you-count-to-one
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#721099 added April 1, 2011 at 12:21am
Restrictions: None
Can't you count to one??
Notice anything different? Probably not.

I've retired the "Brekdancing Panda". Poor him and his lack of an "a" in his pic.

Thor has taken his place. His rightful place, after he lost his home in his photo lab. He moved on to greener pastures. Now he counts things for a living. He makes a buck more an hour doing it, but he stilll finds needs to raise his hammer once in awhile. He's occasionally reminded that he could make even more, like his lover just found out she is, but he needs to adjust. He had to take himself down a peg or three just to find a place, and some happiness. And he found it, did he!

Dressed in Photo Jesus drag, he had the time of his life while being multi-productive and comfortable. Of course, that productivity can outrace you sometimes. "More and more!" the people clamor. The fans adore you. The people you make money for want more money. You become too good for what you're too good at, they say. And they think that the almighty dollar makes it all better.

Thor knows better. He knows that he had the power of his lover once, in a different village. While he understands the "different village, different people, different way" discussion, he also has to see things from his perspective and realize that when he's ready and able, he'll be able and he'll join the semi-elite corporate ranks. If, and a BIG when, he's ready. Burn him once, shame on you...burn him twice, shame on him.

There is only one way...and it's THE WAY.

VITAL STATS:
*Bullet* Jess got a promotion today! Instead of us working the same job under different expectations in different stores, she'll rank above me by a lot of money. YAY! But she earned it, yo. She works, and it has worked for her. One can only learn from her.
*Bullet* Written while listening to http://www.hawksleyworkman.com/ ...remember that post a few days ago about gay bars? Well, while I love women, I have figured out that there is only one (Canadian, albeit) male on the face of the planet that I can actually declare to be "sexy" and say it without quotes around it, and mean it. Mr. Hawksley Workman, I'm looking at you. And I just finally got the cd I ordered eons ago (and then replaced with what I actually ordered from the usually reliable http://www.maplemusic.com/. It'll have to grow on me, because it's way more produced than his older stuff. Enjoy the clean link down here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7DZYjh9GSI

Then put your fat pants on and dance. Cuz you feel like hell and you need to. Especially after working from 6am-3:30-ish, grocery shopping, appointments, and whatnot, and not being able to relax til almost 8. Man that's a long-ass bullet point!

*Bullet* Big ups to G-Stam for the piccy! Sir, thank you, sir!

Ok, I'm done. I'm gonna wonder what the next day holds. Sometimes, it doesn't hurt if you take a step back and do the same. Even if it doesn't come true.

GOODNIGHT NOW!

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/721099-Cant-you-count-to-one