*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722946-What-we-take-for-Granted
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#722946 added April 24, 2011 at 8:04pm
Restrictions: None
What we take for Granted
What we take for Granted

My wife’s father is in a bad way. I took Linda to Madison and she flew out to Atlanta this Morning. They might not even operate. Linda is a cardiac nurse at Marshfield, a top heart hospital in the country. When she heard the technical findings of the pre-op report she was very discouraged. I told her she needed to stop thinking like a nurse and start thinking like a daughter. (Whatever that means….sort of popped to mind.)

I am the first to admit to my own serious shortcomings but when I see some of the stuff going on around me I want to scream. There are some extremely dumb SOB’s in this world. I better drop it there, lest one of them casts a dull lamp on this blog.

After dropping Linda I got back barely in time for Easter Services….I need to go to church wether I think I need to or not. It was very nice… I am not a big hit in the congregation however, when things have gotten bad in the past I have been asked to get involved.

I found and hired the current pastor…The previous two were glib but made my hackles rise. They didn’t last long. The current pastor is what I call the real deal. God really likes this woman and she might not be Billy Graham, but her heart is into the job to the max. The first year while she was learning I got to be her heat shield….Now that the church is growing in membership and vitality all those petty and heartless comments are forgotten.

When I got home I did some raking and looked around. There is so much that gets put on the back burner in winter it will take me until fall to catch up. My medical problem turned out to be a kidney infection and it really wacked me. I decided it is time I start getting rid of this junkyard of “restored” vehicles I have accumulated. When I cranked my M-34 Military Truck however, it came right to life. I think that will be the one I sell first. It is my “Woods” truck and is in pristine shape.

It is still cold and we wonder if spring is ever going to come….Time to take the dogs for a walk and contemplate how good God has been to me. Easter Sunday…..probably not a bad day to be thinking about the things we often take so much for granted.


© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722946-What-we-take-for-Granted