*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723150-A-Rainy-night-in-Georgia
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#723150 added April 28, 2011 at 1:56pm
Restrictions: None
A Rainy night in Georgia
A rainy night in Georgia

I must be the stupidest person on the planet. For the past month my service has gotten slower and slower until it almost ground to a halt. I thought it might be atmospheric problems, a virus or maybe some server problems at WDC.

Finally I decided it must have been the recent storms that pushed the dish off the satellite. I decided to call my service provider and after hours of getting my email to come up found a little note. “You have exceeded your bandwidth allocation of 6K MB and your service capabilities have been reduced until the proper threshold is once more achieved.” Can you believe that? For three years I have been using this service and that has never happened before and if that isn’t enough it is a “Rolling” threshold which means it never returns to zero. It’s like a checking account balance that has to go down before you can expect service….is that creative or what?
Now why? I asked did, I have to discover this from an arcane message on my email that I never would have looked for were I not was searching for the service number to my provider. I mean if your machine is on the verge of grid lock what would compel you to waste a precious action looking amid my wife’s email junk yard? Why not a telephone call left on an answering machine….?

Well if the object was to get me to upgrade my package they succeeded….This thing is jumping now like a pin ball machine and there is no real alternative in the country to the satellite.

The only machine in the house set up to receive email is the desk top in the basement. Upastairs I use almost exclusive my wifi laptops one on my desk and the other next to the bed. Maybe I ought to consider a different set-up. Sometimes my wife leaves the machine running on line instead of shutting it off….Maybe that is the reason we used up hours in the standard package….Yes indeed blame it all on her….is that the American way or what?

Actually I miss her down in Georgia taking care of her wacked out parents. I know you will think me unkind for calling them that but that is only because you don’t know them. Most people wait and give their money to the church after they die but not my in laws. They handed over their savings and mortgaged their house, while they still have a long run left on life….It’s their money and lives I suppose and heavens know Linda and I don’t need anything in the form of an inheritance but that sounds like a rather bizarre and extreme action on their parts. We still love them and will try and help but its heart rending to seem them in such desperate straits when this all could have been easily avoided.



© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723150-A-Rainy-night-in-Georgia