*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723236-Yankee-raised-in-Dixie
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#723236 added April 29, 2011 at 5:09pm
Restrictions: None
Yankee raised in Dixie
Yankee raised in Dixie

Well I got my first student reply on the Lounge Forum for the One Act Play Class. She should be a real asset to the class and has a well-developed writing background
.
Linda called this morning and sounded discouraged. That family of hers is toxic. I thought when I married her forty-five (45) years ago that I could lead her from the darkness of some not so good early life experiences. She is so smart and such a cool person and devoted wife. Unfortunately her parents still have some invisible strings that she has never been able to sever and I feel her getting sucked back into the vortex of that dysfunctional assortment of controlling personalities.

I hope this marriage of ours doesn’t turn out to be a lease agreement. She has developed into a confident, self-assured and vital life force, exactly what they’re looking for at this juncture in their miserable lives, where they've made a complete mess of things and need an intelligent minion they can have handy to pull the frets on. Sounds like a real life drama, don’t you think? A tragedy in the making is what it is. Oh well maybe I am over reacting and making it out to be worse than it is.

My two daughters turned up at the hospital and gave their mother some moral support. They won’t even stay in that dark house….Stayed at Chateau Elan. Those two girls are powerhouses who have the dark side of their characters well under control. They are a force in their communities and families and run a tight ship. I am so proud of them.

They say when he settled Georgia, Oglethorpe, emptied the jails, brothels and asylums to find women for his colony. They certainly have some beautiful ones down there, who can be nutty as fruitcakes. The men have a thin, lean and ratty look and a strong bond with these enigmatic women. Up her in Wisconsin the mindset is quite different. It is strong Northern European and they love their cars and gadgets more than their wives. Not so in the south. The reason everyone is so polite down there is because there is that virulent streak of violence that is unforgiving and best not let out of the bottle. Southern males are the best soldiers in the world and kept the civil war going long past the point where it should have petered out.

I know, you think I’m nuts and don’t know nothing….Well I’ve been around the block and seen a raft or two of shit. I’m worried, but will try and stay focused on the ball.

© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723236-Yankee-raised-in-Dixie