*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723592-Hostess
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1684115
A cozy place of my own in the buzzing town of Blogville, the city that truly never sleeps.
#723592 added May 6, 2011 at 7:35pm
Restrictions: None
Hostess
Yes, the answer is yes, I have been up to a LOT lately. Moved home, and within a half-hour my father was ready to send me back on the grounds of "pissing him off." *Laugh* Started work two days after I moved back - bright and early Sunday morning, 7am. It's our busiest time; I think all of the pastors in town include some clause that involves going to breakfast or brunch at our restaurant in their sermons. Honestly. And this Sunday is Mother's Day - what a treat that'll be. Nevertheless, I am not complaining; employment is employment, and loads of people would kill to be in my shoes right now.

Although if you'll all please take five minutes and watch this, it adequately sums up my job day after day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOogJ7wFvwI&feature=related

Unfortunately I am too tired to write anything witty or interesting. So tired, in fact, that for the first two hours of my shift I thought it was Sunday, which it most definitely WASN'T, or the staff would have been substantially larger and the restaurant busier. I found plenty to laugh at during my shift, but did not take a nap upon arriving home, so to bed early tonight. Three more days of getting up at 6am to work. Again, money is money. I just remind myself that less than a year ago I was up at 6am six days in a row each week. Pressing on.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

© Copyright 2011 Jackie Laclède (UN: jacqueline at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jackie Laclède has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723592-Hostess