*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/724426-Moving-On
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#724426 added May 21, 2011 at 5:37pm
Restrictions: None
Moving On
Back on Terra Firma now and days flying by at an alarming rate. New Jersey is behind us and we're now in St Louis after a very long day of travelling, a late flight and a mislaid, but now recovered suitcase.

Asbury Park (where Springsteen originates from) is rather rundown and neglected, but with a stunning shoreline and plenty to enjoy when it’s warmer. The weather wasn’t great, but then it’s all a matter of comparison these days.

I loved Spring Lake nearby, very pretty with some fabulous houses for when I win the Lottery. I’d never tire of walking that boardwalk by the Atlantic, whatever the weather. The only downside was the absence of wine from restaurants and hotels, but we managed to track some down of course.

Photos to be posted in Picasa at some stage and I’ll drop in when I can to let you know how we’re getting on. If you don’t hear from me we may have been drowned by rain, struck by lightning, swept away by a hurricane, or blown away by a tornado. It seems anything is possible in the US right now.

But then again there's still time for the predicted end of the world today so in that case I guess I won't be getting many comments.


© Copyright 2011 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/724426-Moving-On