*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/724444-Take-Your-Pick
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#724444 added May 21, 2011 at 10:45pm
Restrictions: None
Take Your Pick
Little Increments or one big Slam!

I have a COMPAC laptop. It is five (5) years old and many of the letter have worn off my keyboard. That is no big deal because I took typing in High School and know what key is where. Several weeks ago however, the “F” key popped off the keyboard. By pressing hard on it clicked back into place but this is the second time it has done that.

The reason I mention this is because I have had two newer laptops, a Dell and a Toshiba since I bought the Compaq and they are constantly in and out of the Best Buy Shop. I have WIFI in the house and my main desk top is in the basement and I always have recourse to that however, I like to sit in the bedroom and work. I am a fan of Icarte and have some of his prints adorning the walls.

This world is not a very nice place….If my walk-on cats could speak they could discuss why to great lengths. People throw cats out when they drive past farms….. “On,” they must think, “That looks like a nice farm, I’m sure the people are nice there and would enjoy the companionship of a croaker sack full of kittens…..” No that is probably giving them too much credit.

Then there is the bird that drowned in the wheel well of my overturned pick-up bed, and the squirrel squashed on the road and the dead deer lying in the ditch on the side of the road. Today I saw a mother deer cross in front of me, slowly followed by a fawn she had just dropped. The fawn collapsed on the side of the road and just laid there. I stopped wondering what to do, not wanting to interfere when it got up and followed mom into the woods. Then the cows in the rain….what a miserable life they have….we should count our blessings….we could be wild animals and nature is one cruel and heartless entity. I know I ramble but these are the things I see happening around me and every time I run over a squirrel or hit a bird something in me clutches and I find myself calling out to the great creator for forgiveness and praying the soul of the poor creature finds comfort in the next life.

Here I am a retired soldier who has taken the lives of fellow human beings, acting like a child, clutching flinching crying out at all the suffering and misery that surrounds me. I can’t help it….It is what I have become and I have a fear that when the great accounting comes I will have some explaining to do regarding all the poor souls I have made to suffer and prematurely depart this life.

I have this theory….that if you are unaware of the suffering around you and don’t take it in little increments then the “Big Guy” is going to drop a concrete highway divider on your head….So if you want to spare yourself that experience than show a little compassion and empathy for all those creatures, great and small that surround your life.

© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/724444-Take-Your-Pick