*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/725241-Naptime
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#725241 added June 1, 2011 at 2:50pm
Restrictions: None
Naptime
Naptime,

I have not posted a blog in a couple of days and apologize. I have plenty of excuses but will not insult your intelligence by offering them. We all know that if you are disciplined you will find time to do the things that are important. This blog is like a journal of sorts and keeping it up is important and I will try and do a better job in the future.

I have an idea for a novel or drama and it involves an automobile and three generations of the Males in my family. In the first it is purchased by my grandfather who was a Presberterian Minister….My father gets the title and turns it into a circle track race car, and finally I get it and make it into a street rod. I am actually building (Subcontracting the heavy stuff) it and it will have the imprint of the three mentioned above upon it.

The car will be a symbol of the threes passion for automobiles and the way it is manifested on the three generations of males. Despite the fact that the three seem and claim to be different and the outward appearances are different the three are very much alike, hence the name “Acorns.“

So I am beginning to outline that story. Then I have a sleep disorder….No cause for concern…..At my age I have many disorders, which include bladder, stomach and kidney stones and while none is in itself that serious, collectively they can combine at times and wear me down. Last month I was driving and woke up in the opposite lane and this week I am in the sleep clinic again getting a “Nap” Test.

I hope my doctor can figure out what to do because I stay awake a lot and then doze snap back in cycles. It is something a retired person can deal with but not a whole lot of fun.

The weather this week has been beautiful. It is seventy-two outside with a breeze….A Great Wisconsin Springtime day. Anyway tomorrow I will catch up on my class again and issue some instructions to my remaining students.

For now….. Yawn, I think I will take a little nap.

© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/725241-Naptime