*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/725777-working
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#725777 added June 7, 2011 at 6:13pm
Restrictions: None
working
It is the first full week of June and I have recouped from the Memorial Day clean-up and picnic. Our church campgrounds sets aside this one day to sweep/clean all the cabins, kitchettes and bathrooms. The Tabernacle is swept, mopped, carpets vaccumned and windows cleaned. The grounds are landscaped and flowerbeds, cleaned and turned.


My job is to plan for the Restaurant clean up and food for the workers, as well as any of the congragation who want to


"picnic." Usually we have a10:00 break of donuts and coffee. This year we had a FULL breakfast. It was a HUGE success. My husband, Paul, coodinated the cooking and we deligated the jobs.


At 5:30 am we started cooking. We served bacon, sausage, french toast, Italian hash, scrambled eggs, biscuits and (campmeeting) sausage gravy, fresh made cinnamon rolls, oatmeal and a strawberry/banana/fruitcoctail fruit cup. We thought there would be maybe 150 but it turned out to be about 275. We prepare everything with "LOVE" which is spelled b-u-t-t-e-r and c-r-e-a-m. When everyone had eaten we cleaned up the dinining room and prepared for the lunch.


My crew helped cut watermelon and set out the salads that many of the people contributed to the meal. The church provided the meat which was hamburgers, hot dogs and (MMMMM) Pulled pork sandwiches. The Pork was smoked and then pulled and yummy BBQ sause added. It was soo good! We served about 400 people maybe a few more.


The band played Souza marches as well as many other favorites. The little children got to stand on a bench and direct the band with the Baton. It was so cute and some actually kept time very well.


One of our congragation turned 95 on Sunday. I had a table set for her and her family with balloons, and Gerber flowers in a vase.We had a cake to share and one for her and her family. She loved the attention and her family enjoyed the day too.


After we cleaned up the food and the dining room, the serving line and the two kitchens it was close to 3pm. I went home and laid down for a little while. When I tried to get up I could hardly move my body!


My mind was filled with the wonderful things that happened during the day. While my body rebelled, I was happy and content that everyone had a great time and were well fed!


It is just 3 weeks to the start of Campmeeting. I will be up every morning for 16 days at 5:30 to be on the breakfast crew to cook the sausage and scrambled eggs. Then at 8:30 I will leave and go to my regualar job from 9:00 to 5pm. Then head home and change for the evening church services during the week.


The first Monday evening (June 27) will be the Mid-Summer Music concert and I sing in the choir. Whew- It is a great 2 months if you don't weaken.
© Copyright 2011 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/725777-working