*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/726754-June-20-entry-More-Food-for-Thought
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#726754 added June 21, 2011 at 2:36pm
Restrictions: None
June 20 entry More Food for Thought
Today is absolutely beautiful. I rode my little red scooter to work, after stopping by Great Harvest and buying 2 very warm fresh peach scones. I ate one when I arrived at work and the other is sitting in the frig for later or tomorrow. I called Paul to see if he wanted to come and pick me up for lunch. He said yes and we will probably get a Subway or if I am lucky he will have bought it already and we can go to a picnic area and eat in the sunshine.





Thursday I need to provide the treats for our Choir rehersal. I like to serve something different, but I always have a fruit and/or veggie tray along with baby cheeses and crackers. Last time (it seems like it was just last week) I had pound cake with a drizzle of dark choclolate syrup and a squirt of Reddiwhip. Then I made this AWESOME dark chocolate bundt cake and added a tablespoon of cayne pepper to it. It went over like free hotcakes. You got the nice chocolately sweetness then you felt a little warnth as it went done. No burn, no lasting heat, but something you weren't expecting. Since I didn't warn any one (in fact I was so busy serving I forgot) and I was asked "What is in that cake?" Ah PEPPER! I got a very surprised reaction and it was very positive, even had some ask for a second piece as they were cut rather thinly.





This time I am making a few old fashioned buttermilk pie, cut up melons and cheese and crackers. Since this is just for the orchestra members and not the entire choir AND orchestra I don't have to make as much probably for 40 or so people.





We are practicing for our two week campmeeting and the mid summer concert which is next monday night. Oh I forgot, I may have to help serve strawberry short cake for all those who want a sweet and fellowship after the concert on the camp grounds after the concert. We have homemade shortcake and we buy the strawberry sause. There are 4 5gallon buckets but we won't use all of those in one evening. We will serve about 200-300 people or so.


What an nigh! fabulous music and song including an the most moving song I have ever heard, Celtic Amazing Grace. I posted the version we did last time on Youtube. I tear up everytime I watch it.


If anyone reads this and wants to know where to find it just ask.
© Copyright 2011 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/726754-June-20-entry-More-Food-for-Thought