*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/725867
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Young Adult · #1783644
Collection of past monthly newsletters highlighting activities and groups for teen writers
#725867 added June 9, 2011 at 9:22am
Restrictions: None
TWIST Newsletter ~ 3/12/2011
Banner for TWIST Emails




[TWIST! Thoughts of the Day]


Hello TWIST-ers!

I took a short break from TWIST activities – and by short I mean over six months – but I declare this hiatus officially over! In the time that’s passed since the last group newsletter, I received emails from some of you asking to be added to the party. Welcome all members, new and old!

Since it’s been a while, I’ll remind you all of what is my TWIST-ed intent: I want to help you, our community’s youngest members, learn about all the amazing features, contests and activities available to you at Writing.com.

The first week of each month, you will receive a group newsletter like this one, which will begin with a message from me, focusing on an aspect of the writing craft or discussing a feature of WDC you may not be aware of. Following that will be a list of highlighted contests and/or activities around the site that are geared toward, or created by, teen writers. And I may slip in other fun items, as well!

All right, all the above intro-stuff out of the way, let’s talk today about WDC Blogs. A WDC Blog is a Book Item that serves as a journal or diary. You can blog about whatever you want: document your school days, your writing journey, or your life in general. You can decide on a theme ( blog about the contests you enter, for example), or you can give yourself the freedom to blog about whatever flits through your mind at the moment.

The nice thing about blogging is you can set the privacy level to suit your needs. You can make the whole blog private, so that only you can read your entries. Or you can make it public, so that your entries show up on the listing of most recently modified member blogs, allowing other WDC members to read and comment on your posts. A cool feature of WDC blogs allows you to also have a public blog, but you decide each time you post whether that entry with be public or private.

You have to have an upgraded membership to create any book item, including a blog.

I searched for blogs by teenagers, and found two. Take a look, to see how others set up their blogs:

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1429181 by Not Available.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#713552 by Not Available.

(Please note: The second blog *Up* is rated 18+)

And, I blog here! Feel free to check out my WDC blog:
 Blog, Blog, Blog  (18+)
A place for writing off-the-cuff
#1592786 by NickiD89


If you have an upgraded membership and you’re interested in creating a blog, please read the following page from Writing.com 101: "Create/Edit a Book

Do you already have a WDC blog and want more readers checking it out? Email me (NickiD89 ) with a link to your blog, or post a message with the link in our group forum "TWISTers Message Board. I'll feature it in the next TWIST newsletter!



*Right* Every two weeks I promote highlighted contests, activities, groups, forums and fundraisers geared to support teen writers. Please read through them and click the links *Smile*



~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~




*Star*Divider Banner*Star*




[Forums For Teen Writers]

FORUM
Youth Suicide Prevention Initiative  (13+)
Social forum to offer support and information to at-risk youth & peers seeking information
#1717439 by Brooklyn


Congratulations to Brooklyn for her forum, the 2010 winner of two Quill Awards for Best Forum (Non-Contest) and Best Multi-Person Activity. There is a ton of information on this page concerning teens and ways you can reach out during troubling times, as well as discussions in which to participate in the forum. Please take a look!


~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~


TEENS: SAFE HOUSE...  (13+)
Sign the guest book..say hello,meet friends
#1440678 by Ԝ€ß☆ԜiʈCH


Need a place to vent about something, or to find support from peers and caring adults? This is the place!


~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1543172 by Not Available.


Do you write Giantess stories? Here’s a place to showcase your creative work!


~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~



[St. Patrick’s Day Activities]


FORUM
Kiya's St. Patty's Day Giveaway!  (ASR)
Come join the celebration and win some shiny coins while you do!
#1529111 by iKïyå§ama


It's time to make a toast and kiss the Blarney Stone! St. Patrick's Day comes but once a year! And as a way to celebrate not just kiyasama’s birthday, here's a chance to (celebrate) nominate someone to win any of the awesome 'pots-o-gold'!


~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~




 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1529664 by Not Available.


Throughout WDC, various game pieces have been hidden. From 12:01 am March 17 to 11:59 (WDC Time) that same day, participants are challenged to find the scattered pieces. Fun!


~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~








[TWIST! Announcements!]

*Right* From time to time, I will roll the virtual dice and choose TWIST members, by their number on the group roster, to win random prizes!! *Down*

Congratulations to the following TWIST members who have won a Merit Badge!!

sproke
Durrakan



Feel free to visit our Group Forum!! This is the place you can go to meet other TWIST! members and to talk about what you are doing to maximize your WDC experience. Please stop by and introduce yourself today!

 TWISTers Message Board  (E)
Have something for the TWIST emails? Want to meet other TWISTers? Post a message today!
#1619412 by NickiD89



~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~




If you have an item you would like promoted in an upcoming TWIST! email, please fill out this survey *Smile*

 TWIST Email Item Submission Form  (E)
Have a contest, activity, group or fundraiser you want promoted? Fill in survey today!
#1619418 by NickiD89



~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~





Thank you so much for your attention! If you have any suggestions for how I can improve these monthly newsletters, let me know. The next email will go out in about three weeks time. Until then, I hope you check out the activities listed here! See you next time!!


Keep *Smile*ing!
~Nicki~
© Copyright 2011 NickiD89 (UN: heftynicki at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NickiD89 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/725867