*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/725967-Bens-Book
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#725967 added June 17, 2011 at 6:46pm
Restrictions: None
Ben's Book
I just finished reading Ben Langhinrichs book of stories.

First, Congrats Ben!

Since the WdC Product Reviews does not accept E-Book reviews, I am writing my tiny review here.

Name of the Book: Savage Fire

This is the review I left at the Amazon's website:

Savage Fire is a collection of sixteen short stories in different or mixed genres. Most of the stories are dark horror with mysteries and a fairy tale among them. The ideas behind the stories are brilliant. The language is direct with a good measure of quips thrown in. For example, in the 5th story, Double Cross, the detective thinks, “She has legs a guy could give up for Lent.”
Most stories end without a strict closure to keep the reader wondering about the characters and the story. I felt this showed great wit on the part of this writer.
To sum it up, for a first book this collection is a winner, and I can hardly wait for the next book by this writer.


For WdC readers:
The stories in the contents section of the book are:
1. Savage Fire
2. Awake in the Age of Lizards
3. An Island Never Cries
4. Worth Watching
5. Double Cross
6. Saving Grace
7. Unsettled Hearts
8. Got it?
9. So Pretty
10. Missing You
11. If Not Mistaken
12. The Sea Witch’s Daughter
13. Blood Feast
14. Unfinished Business
15. Last Stop
16. Without Remorse

Let me repeat again. I loved his witticisms and the open endings. By open endings I mean the stories finish all right, but in some way, an underlying thread continues to leave the reader wondering, such as a family curse continuing or if looks can kill.
The only thing is, the price was too cheap. No kidding! I purchased it for $2.99. When I finished the stories, I went to post a review, and the book was reduced to $.99.
Ben's writing is worth much more than that. Either Ben is too generous for his own good or Amazon/Kindle people do not understand what a good story is.
Anyway, if I am not mistaken, you don't have to have a Kindle to download Amazon's E-Books. You can probably download the free application to your computer and buy the books. *Smile*

ASIN: B0053IX52O
Product Type: Kindle Store
Amazon's Price: Price N/A
Not currently available.




© Copyright 2011 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/725967-Bens-Book