*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/726843-June-21-Daily-Devotionals-really-make-an-impact
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#726843 added June 22, 2011 at 10:48am
Restrictions: None
June 21 Daily Devotionals really make an impact
What a great morning. I rode my scooter to work. The second time this week. Of course it is going to be damp tomorrow so I won't ride. I am not into riding that much. It is a means to save money on gas. It takes me less than 10 minutes or more to get to work as there is very little traffic. If I left at 6:00am I could walk, but it is the walking home (up hill) at the end of the day that gets me.





This morning I read the devotional from Our Daily Bread. It was about fear. We need to realize that fear is normal but that God has so many things in store for us if we just trust him and follow what he has planned for us. The story they used was about a mother who told her son to get a can of soup from the pantry. He didn't want to because he was afraid of the dark. His mom said, "Don't be afraid Jesus is in there." The little boy thought a moment and opened the door and said, "Jesus will you hand me a can of soup?" We laugh but I see that is just the kind of expectations that adults have about God. We are afraid to step out on faith because of fear of the unknown. God says he will be with us and never leave us. Then in my church devotional the story was about Gideon. He was afraid of what God was asking of him and wanted a sign. It isn't bad to ask God for a sign when we are unsure of what God is asking of us. We need to make sure we aren't living for the signs instead of growing in God's grace and learning to recognise when he is speaking and what he expects if us.





Last year I was asked to produce the Easter Musical drama for church. What a task, I got the book and sat down and began to look at what was needed. I have never done anything like this before. I love to write but write the directions for the Script, pick the actors, direct the drama in time with the music director was daunting, a challenge and exciting. I prayed and asked God to direct me as I interpeted the script. I wanted God's spirit on the production so people would know and feel what that story of THE BORROWED TOMB was about. I had a dramtic tomb scene that was awesome. What I really wanted was the spirit of God to move in the church as people watched. It happened. I heard from many that even though this had been done a few times before this one was memorable.


I was asked to do the 2011 Easter Drama The Power of His Love. Again I wanted this one to show with the songs that were so beautiful the Power of His love. One scene moved me and the audience. It was when Pilate's wife sings about what if He died because of me. I left Pilate on the stage alone with the crumpled note she had given to him. As she sings this song the words speak that he had the power in his hands and Christ had done so much for her and others, and had she done enough to save Him? Not knowing He had to die. I am emotional just sitting here writing this.





On Good Friday I went to see the musical drama Bow the Knee. It is very moving and powerful. I don't know if there will be another drama, but I bought the promo packet to give to the Music Director and I listened to the whole drama. With what I saw before and what I know we are capable, if I get to do it and we have months to plan instead of weeks, I can pull off an amazing production!


Who would have thought this back woods girl from a tiny church who moved to the Headquarters church with hundreds of people, would be chosen to do this kind of work and love it! I am good at it, and God has blessed my efforts in directing people, chosing the right people to put in places where they can grow too.


OK this epistle is long enough from just a devotional I read this morning.








© Copyright 2011 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/726843-June-21-Daily-Devotionals-really-make-an-impact