*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728541-Stream-of-Conscious
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#728541 added July 13, 2011 at 9:28am
Restrictions: None
Stream of Conscious
Stream of Conscious


I don’t remember exactly when I wrote my first poem. It must have been in the fifth grade because I remember a Chiquita Banana contest where the entrant was required to write a “Banana-Gram.” I’m trying to remember what the prize was and for the life of me can’t. I do however remember the winning entry.

“Be like the Bunch…Have a Banana”

My entry was…. “Banana Peels are slippery as eels.”

Pretty good don’t you think… Why would any guy want to be just like all the other Bananas? Oppps, I didn’t mean that the way it sounds… Mine was fraught with hidden meaning for example…. Just because a fruit is good and full of potassium doesn’t mean it is totally good all the time…. ever eat one that was overly ripe and gag? Remember that saying…. “In every silver lining there's a bolt of lightening!”

How did I get on this subject? No wonder I only average six readers a day and if you throw in the non-members it rises dramatically to seven. I can see that in my resume…. “Writer of a highly successful blog Percy Goodfellow commands a readership of seven viewers a day.”

My wife says, I’m Goofy but that she loves me anyway. Am I lucky or what? Her sister called (my sister-in-law) and my brother in law by marriage…. Don’t you love these convoluted relationships we have with and family and relatives? This is another thing that is hard for me to grasp….That is the difference between second and third cousins and those who have been “removed” a couple of times or more. And what for heaven’s sake constitutes a “Kissing Cousin?”

Anyway my brother in law (once removed) was out at his bird feeder putting in some more feed and a wasp was buzzing about his face. He tried to shoo it away, it got under his glasses and it stung him in the eyelid…ouch! He started swinging the food sack and pulled a muscle in his back….He is one hurting puppy! I hear sometimes people get stung in the mouth... you know when they drink a soda or in extreme cases they get up someone's nose and get stung in the nostril. Can you envision that? Does your spinchter tighen...? Do you think OH MY GOODNESS?

I remember coming out of church once and getting stung by a wasp. Several hundred people were around me and that wasp chose me to sting. Is that a message or what?

This blog is going nowhere this morning…. It’s one of those days I should have skipped…. I was planning on writing about patch panels and how the “purists” butt weld them and the body shops glue them. I won’t even attempt that today… sorry you had to catch me ping-ponging around the room like my blond daughter. She’s the math teacher… I don’t know where the math came from… no gene of mine…my daughters used to play those puzzle games on trips…. Like the questions people send to the savants… like word problems in a math book…. Pretty soon it would deterioriate into the "Stupid" game.... You know the one that goes, "II'm the smart dauthger and you're the stupid one." How I hated it when the started in on each other.... it was one of their favorite games..

Am I rambling…? Think I’ll take the dogs for a walk.

© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728541-Stream-of-Conscious