*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728625-A-Womans-Love
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#728625 added July 14, 2011 at 8:11am
Restrictions: None
A Woman's Love
A Woman’s Love

I love Tuesdays and Wednesdays. My wife Linda has decompressed from the job….she is a weekender in the cardiac unit at Marshfield, one of the top hospitals in Wisconsin. On Thursdays she starts putting her game face back on...however I received indisputable proof that after forth-five years she still loves me.

Earlier this month the son of the Organist in our church was working under her car when the jack failed and the car crushed him to death. I know, I know he should have been using Jack-Stands, second rule you learn up here at your father’s side….right after turn off the tractor engine before going back to monkey with a PTO driven farm implement. Anyway Linda was appalled, and I must admit envisioning a car crashing down on your skull tightens your butt-hole up a bit.

Anyway yesterday we were at Farm Tech, which is an annual show that features a farm in Wisconsin and all the farm vendors show up. Its like Iola is for cars but this is for farm stuff. It is a great show. It was also over cast and we went late… three-thirty to five. That meant we wouldn’t be walking around for six to eight hours in the sun.

As we were walking among the displays I saw one for a vehicle hoist and was drooling over it. Linda asked some questions about the safety features and we bought one… now that shows she loves me…that is tangible proof of the highest order….If I croak, she’s going to be well taken care of and could afford one of those good looking MDs. She says,” forget that” and buying the lift is proof she doesn‘t want anything bad to happen to me…

Actually I understand her point of view because I wouldn’t want anything bad to happen to her either. Sure, I’m a man and look from time to time at the pretty girls but quickly comes the sobering reality of what it would be like to live with a young woman again…Forget that!

Earlier in the day we went to Stephen’s point to see how things were coming on the Studebaker. Without all that weathered, frosted, cracked and bee-bee gun holed glass it really looked different and I can’t wait to get it back.

The welding guy called and wants to talk with me at the Air Show in Oshkosh that is coming up. He will be teaching a welding class and wants to talk to me about some franchise areas. I ordered one of the small gas welding kits and will be practicing between now and then to make sure I have a little proficiency with the unit.

We have a new walk on cat that Linda has called Felix. He is auditioning to become the “Inside Cat” and can’t understand why the dogs get to come inside and the cats don’t. All these cats seem to come from the same gene pool and are very affectionate, and love to be picked up. While we were painting the deck Felix got in the paint and I picked him/her up for the first time and cleaned him up with a soapy dish cloth.

I’m planting shrubs tomorrow as part of the ongoing landscaping project. I’ll let you know how that goes.

© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728625-A-Womans-Love