*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728857-It-it-Sunday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#728857 added July 17, 2011 at 1:53pm
Restrictions: None
It it Sunday
Weather is a common factor that anyone can talk about. It is innocuous and can hurt no one. Taking offense at the downside of weather is like saying someone doesn't like vanilla ice cream. Each of us have likes and dislikes about our own particular area of the world. When we compare the worst to the worst it is no better than comparing the best days to someone else's best days. You have a choice where you live, most of the time. Job constraints may have you moving to a place you haven't been nor have you liked the weather. After a few years you can adjust or make yourself (and everyone around you) miserable by complaining. There is always something positive about the weather where you live.


I moved to Portland,OR five years ago. I lived for 35 years in St Paul, MN. The things I love about MN can't be moved here. The people, their thinking and for the most part respect for one another. BUT the weather, well, my husband was in home building and he worked outside, winter and summer. He hates the extreme humidity and the cold. He was glad to leave that. I just didn't like having to help him shovel every speck of snow and ice from the driveway. I adjusted and adapted to the weather. I loved the sunny days heat and if you are in a swimsuit who cares if you are sweating?


In the Pacific Northwest, the weather for the most part is cooler as there is very little humidity. The first summer I was here I got the lawn chair out and my towel and a book and sat in the 90+ sun. After about a half an hour I was still comfortable. I WASN'T SWEATING! What a treat. The sun feels so much hotter. If the sun peeks out of the clouds your skin feels hot and burns easily (or tans as the case may be). There are soft cool breezes to keep you cooler.


The best part is the winter, because of the earth shift, we have had some snowy Christmas' and they were a treat. I love them, because, I don't have to shovel snow for 6 months. I can scrape the rust off the snow shovel, be done in a few minutes and whatever is left is gone in a few days. I live on a slight hill and it is so much fun watching people try to go up the hill, when they can go down a side street to get out of our area and no hill. Winter is very entertaining in Oregon. The newcasters will go on all day about a supposed storm that doesn't come and then will spend the whole day or two recapping what did or did not happen.


The Weather Makes News-it is the common denomiator that we can all relate too. Have a wonderful day where ever you are
© Copyright 2011 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728857-It-it-Sunday