*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/729192-Why-is-Bad-more-interesting-than-Good
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1578384
You never know what you'll find - humor, ramblings, rants, randomness- it's all me!
#729192 added July 20, 2011 at 7:06pm
Restrictions: None
Why is Bad more interesting than Good?
Write about the good times
(without bringing up the bad)
of a past relationship that went wrong.


I have thought about this prompt off and on all day. It has really made me realize how we focus on the negative. I mean, I knew that we did; in fact, I'm always telling my students things like, "Your parents aren't that bad it's just more interesting to retell the 'bad' things they do than the good ones" and the same thing with bf/gf. I tell them it is sad when your friends give you a bigger reaction when you say "You are not going to believe what he did!" with a scowl on your face than with an excited inflection.

However . . . apparently, I'm just as guilty. I honestly don't want to do this prompt, because I obviously hold on to the negativity when relationships have gone south (why is south bad and not west?). And really, I'm told i'm a postive person. The thinkg is, and yes, I know it's stupid, I feel like they don't deserve the good memories - as if i'm punishing them by thinking about the bad things when they don't even know i'm thinking about them. Sorry about all the typos but I got new nails and they have a mind of their own.

I commend, not CONDEMN, kristen (i think that's who gave this prompt) for pushing me. I'm going to do it even though I don't want to.

My former boss - the good times

She gave me a reason and an opportunity to move back to Oklahoma after college graduation. I was so perplexed as to my next life step and she opened the door - for me, not for herself.

She trusted me to make decisions that went beyond my job description.

lol - getting lost in dallas, texas - time and time and time and time again, somehow always laughing about it

pushing my creativity

sharing a bottle of wine

watching old videos, laughing at ourselves

Sharing parts of our lives for 18 years.

(Please be an easy prompt tomorrow - this was great but now i'm melancholy)

Audra

© Copyright 2011 audra_branson (UN: abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
audra_branson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/729192-Why-is-Bad-more-interesting-than-Good