*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/729967-Blood-destiny-Raine
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Gee1
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #1796431
Horror/Romantic fiction
#729967 added August 3, 2011 at 6:50pm
Restrictions: None
Blood destiny: Raine
      The female snarled at the Alpha, her mate, when he would have bitten the man cub. He was hers now, a gift from Gaia , the earth mother to replace her own dead cubs. The female wolf snarled at each member of her pack, daring any and all to challenge her right to this gift, this second chance at motherhood. The Alpha came closer, hesitant at first until his female allowed him to sniff her conquest. The man-cub was unfazed, startling blue eyes stared unafraid into the savage wolf Alpha's black eyes and took his measure. Wolf. The scent was pungent, strong and mixed with something else. The Alpha growled his approval, earning an affectionate nip from his mate. The man-cub Raine would call this pack his home. The female finally rested, using her strong teeth to pull the man-cub to her teats. He suckled hungrily, one hand curling in her soft, downy mane as he slid effortlessly into sleep.                                                                                {  Ten years later                                                                                                                                                                                                            { The man-cub watched in awestruck fascination as the enemy stalked his pack, his family. He was astounded by the similarities between himself and his enemy.The enemy drew back his spear, sailing it high into the air. The man-cub snarled deep in his throat as the spear found purchase in his mother's pelt. Growling like a deranged animal, he launched himself at his enemy. " Spirits preserve us, it's a boy!" The man-cub knew not his enemy's tongue. All he heard was his mother's dying breath, all he saw was her lifeless body on the forest floor. Without warning, he attacked, sinking his fangs deep in the jugular, the way his mother had taught him. The man gurgled as his essence was drained from him. The man-cub felt a bolt of sensation arc through his being. His enemy's lifeblood sang in his veins. He could feel the new strength in himself, felt the raw power he now radiated. " Seize the boy!" Shouts broke through his blissful haze. His enemy's lifeless body was flung to the side as he turned to finish those who dared to kill his mother. She was the last of their pack, hunted as they were for their warm coats by the scum that now circled him. " He's a vamp! Look at Willem's body? He drained him dry!" The men crossed themselves but remained in place, effectively blocking his exit. He snarled, his big hands flexing to release his claws. " Holy Saints! He's a monster!" They ran then, willy-nilly, none of them caring where they ended up as long as they escaped this monstrosity. The man-cub laughed as he heard his name. Monster. He knew that word, had heard it many times on the lips of his dying prey. He sniffed instinctively, identifying a new scent in the air around him. He turned towards the scent and froze. She was female, the most beautiful female he had ever seen. She was weeping, running her beautiful hands through his mother's soft pelt in anguish. Her eyes met his and to his surprise hers held no trace of the fear that he usually saw. The female was in his lungs, in his pores, he could not rid himself of the intoxicating perfume of her. " Is she yours, warrior?" Her voice was a balm to his beastly spirit even though her tongue was foreign to him. She pointed to his mother's carcass and then at him and suddenly he understood. His nod of assent was brusque as he warily walked towards her. His nudity caused Kalista's cheeks to flame. He was a child of about her age yet he was superbly formed, she thought, blushing again. He sensed her arousal, smelled it and crept forward on all fours as his Alpha had taught him. He sniffed her hair, closing his eyes as bliss stole into his soul. She smelled like the newness of earth, of the crisp clean air after a forest rain. Mine. The word swirled in his mind as he playfully licked her ear. Sensations foreign and dangerous shot to the core of her, making her gasp. " My name is Kalista.... " Her vampire's hearing was acute and yet, he heard them before she did. " Run! Take her and run, warrior!" He understood her words though her tongue was foreign to him. He licked her ear once more before taking his mother into the darkness of their forest home.
© Copyright 2011 Gee1 (UN: gee1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Gee1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/729967-Blood-destiny-Raine