*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/730552-Blood-destiny-Raine
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Gee1
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #1796431
Horror/Romantic fiction
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#730552 added August 3, 2011 at 7:17pm
Restrictions: None
Blood destiny: Raine
Chapter 1





He walked through the forest, feeling a loneliness that cut to the bone. His pack was long dead, decimated by the human scum that sucked the life from the forest as they searched for food and shelter. ' You are not alone my brother. You are Raine, son of Fury and Verrena, brother to Storm. I will find you, my brother, I will take you home.' That voice again. His brother, Storm. The voice had crossed time and space to him since his youth. He had come to rely on the strength in that voice, had come to anticipate it, to learn from it. " R-R-Rain, s-s-son of F-F-Fu-reee and V-Verrr- enna, b-b-rother to S-S-S-torm," he stuttered. He sniffed the air cautiously, the night sky concealing his den up in the trees. The creatures below were wolf-like but not as his pack were. They howled at the moon before shifting to their human form. He leapt from the tree as the last of the creatures shifted. " What are you?" He growled a warning deep in his throat as they circled him. There were three of them, all covered in splotches of dried blood. " I am Raine, s-son of F-F-Fur-eee, what are you?" He sniffed them instinctively and was overwhelmed by the sorrow he sensed in them. Moving completely on instinct he pierced his hand. " Drink and be free." They fell upon him ravenously, drinking deeply of the blood he freely offered. They dropped to their knees before him. " My king, long we have waited for your return," the lanky blond whispered reverently.


" Slowly, You must talk slowly so I may learn your tongue."


" We are Lycans, cursed by the moon to walk as beasts but you... you have changed the curse with your blood, we are no longer slaves to the moonlight...we can feel it." 


" We are yours to command, my King"


Raine knew not the role of a King but he would be their Alpha, that he knew. " Are there more, like you were?"


" Yes, my lord, there are ten more of us."


" Bring them to me." His growl made them shiver but they hastened to obey his command, filled for the first time in a century with hope.
© Copyright 2011 Gee1 (UN: gee1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Gee1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/730552-Blood-destiny-Raine