*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/730054-A-Mysterious-Stranger-in-Summer
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#730054 added July 29, 2011 at 11:17pm
Restrictions: None
A Mysterious Stranger in Summer
30-Day blogging challenge Day 29: July 29, 2011 ~ Prompt: “Write a story, poem, essay, composition including: Summer & Mysterious Stranger”

“Have you met the new neighbor yet,” Clara asked as she sit down on the front porch swing.

“No,” Sara replied, handing her twin a glass of sweetened lemonade, before sitting down next to her. “I took a basket of homemade bread and strawberry jam over yesterday. A note on the door said, ‘Day sleeper, please leave any deliveries on the table next to the door.’ I set the basket on the table and left a note on the back of one of my calling cards.”

“Did you receive an answer yet,” said Clara, as she removed an ice cube from her glass and put it into her mouth.

“This morning there was a thank you slipped through the mail slot,” she took a sip of her lemonade. “It said, “’Thank you for the delicious breakfast, Your neighbor, Mr. Herbert Philip Lovecraft’.”

“So the mysterious stranger is H. P. Lovecraft,” she took a sip from her glass. “Sends a shiver up your spine doesn’t it, Sara?”

“Bridle your imagination, Sis, I’m not spending the rest of the...” Sara’s face turned bone white and her hand began to tremble.

“What’s matter, Sara?”

“Did you see that?”

“See what?”

“A shadow just moved, slunk toward our...” she got up. “Clara, let’s go in the house, lock the doors, and blot the window.”

“Sure,” a wicked smile played across her face as she followed her sister into the house. I expected summer with Sara to be boring, but this may turn out to be fun.



© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/730054-A-Mysterious-Stranger-in-Summer