*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/730658-This-and-That
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#730658 added August 4, 2011 at 8:06am
Restrictions: None
This and That
My wife ordered the video, Sweeney Todd. We are going to watch it tonight. Helena Bonham Carter is a great actress and I like to see her in about anything. She reminds me of my wife Linda with her expressive face. I also like Johnny Depp and think he is extremely talented.

I practiced my welding today and am determined to keep at it until I break through with a basic skill and understanding. Linda had spaghetti and meatballs for lunch and what she calls “Weisengrund” chicken. This is chicken strips in a sauce of onions, bacon and green beans. My daughter came up with the recipe that sought to capture the “Yeager Schnitzel” we used to get in the village we lived in in Germany. Every Friday night we ate at a Gausthause called the Weisengrund. So much for the diet I guess. Today I weighed 178.8 and no telling what the scale will read tomorrow.

After lunch we got a call that the Studebaker was ready and we went and picked it up. They did a beautiful job on the glass. I love to drive that old Studebaker pickup on the S-10 chassis. I drove it over to the shop of my friend Henry and we chewed the fat for awhile.

Felix the female cat continues to audition for the In-house cat position. The problem is that there is no such position. I keep the cat’s fed and in the winter make sure they get let into the heated shop on the coldest of days. They do just fine outside as long as they are fed plenty to eat. Still it gets to me sometimes to see her sitting out on the porch railing looking in with those mournful eyes. She can’t understand why the dogs get to come inside and the cats don’t.

I talked to my younger daughter on the cell phone on the way up to Stephen’s point. She has two sons one in grammar and one in High School. My older daughters sons play games on the wifi and they are states apart one being in Georgia and the other being in Kansas. The boys in both families hang out together electronically. Is that not amazing? My daughters, Christine and Leigh are very close and stay in touch during the week exchanging information of my 5 grandsons. Those boys never cease but to amaze me.

© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/730658-This-and-That