*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/730944-This-ones-about-a-staycaytion-yo
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#730944 added August 8, 2011 at 2:01pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about a staycaytion, yo.
Yo! What's up everybody? Not much here; just settling up a few "who cares" and "not quites" after posting up a few pics on ye ol' Facebook. Not looking forward to taking Jess the CWC to work tomorrow, as she's not looking forward to going back to work from her vacation, as I'm starting my vacation.

OK, so that's kind of a lie. My first full day of vacation was actually last Friday, but J was still on vacation, and between everything we had going on this past weekend, my vacation officially starts on Monday after I take her to work. Why? Because I have this brick house to myself and don't have to answer to anyone for a few days. *Smile* While I love spending time with people, sometimes I just need me-time to accomplish what I want to do.

That said, I do actually have some things I'd like to accomplish, and I feel that I can do them without the distractions of others around me (although I may need a little help on a couple of them)... So here's my list of expectations...Let's see how well I do.

*Check* The check is the new bullet point.
*Check* File my state income taxes. I filed an extension, even though I'm due a small rebate, because Turbotax.com wanted to charge me a lot of money to process them. And also, with all of the moving around of things we did last year, I can't find my state return from last year, and I'm not paying Turbotax.com to send me a copy of something I already have. So I best be getting on this.
*Check* Renew my drivers license! I won't be able to until Friday (next paycheck). But NY is turning into Mother Superior about not having this and that up to par. Grace periods are a thing of the past, I guess.
*Check* Call my lawyer. To handle some unresolved financial business between him and I.
*Check* Finalize my ManCave. This is going to be the bitch of my week. It entails transferring the DirecTv connection from the boys' side of the basement to mine. It'll require the drilling of a hole in the storage area of the basement, me running that cable (and possibly extending it, which I can do, from there to here), and realigning where all of the power goes (since my side of the basement has no outlets, and the only electricity are the lights). I also need to reclaim my loveseat from the kids' side, and hang up some pictures and whatnot. I may need to move things around also.
*Check* The Garage. Basically, the same as above, only with less furniture moving. Just getting stuff hung up in there.
*Check* The laundry. I was a single guy for parts of a lot of years, living laundry basket to laundry basket. I didn't have time to put the clean clothes away, so I just pilfered the clean baskets 'til the dirty ones were full, and then I did more laundry. I need this week to re-learn utilizing my dressers and drawers. I'm not totally a slob, but I would welcome being a little more organized.
*Check* Change the garbage can under my computer desk drawer. You wanna talk about out of hand?? That's the definition of it...the cats doon't even play with it anymore. Vermins that they are.
*Check* Finally print up that Madden NFL Superstars spreadsheet that I have, so I can keep track of my progress and collecting a lot better. You KNOW a stupid Facebook game is a PROBLEM when you have to download a spreadsheet for it.
*Check* Revamp my WDC page...it's been about four years overdue. Especially considering that I'm going to be a part of a contest in September regarding blogging...gotta tighten that up, as well as the header on this here blog.

Pretty ambitious, no? I've got the next few days figured out for me. I'mma leave you with this...confused and jaded as I am sometimes...it's MY week, and I'll do it as I wish. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYm1PDwLrQM

That said, goodnight now!! *Check*

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/730944-This-ones-about-a-staycaytion-yo