*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/731603-WTF
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #956430
Here I am!
#731603 added August 15, 2011 at 5:36pm
Restrictions: None
WTF
I have a logical explaination for the end of my last dream.

Today, I met a new co-worker, and we made small talk. I asked her what she did before she got hired, and she mentioned a customer service job. She asked me if I liked my job. I replied that my passion was my other work, which presently pays...so-so. When she mentioned she only took the job to pay the bills so she could create artwork, I definitely had an eureeka moment.

If you can't make a profit out of doing what you love to do, then you're essentially whoring yourself out to make a profit in another field. I think that's what my brain was trying to tell me the another night, albeit in a twisted sexual fashion.

Now that I think about it, what makes doing pornography for a profit more horrific than any other job you really don't want to do? At the end of the day, you're using your body and your mind to do tasks that at best you could care less about doing, and at worst you hate. An essential waste of your talents either way.

And before you guys ask, the woman in my dream looked nothing like my new co-worker. Just thought I'd throw that in there before people start thinking I'm psychic like that.

L8ters.

© Copyright 2011 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/731603-WTF