*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/731967-Another-Great-Quote
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1799901
Come sit with me on the porch. We'll sip lemonade and talk. . .
#731967 added August 19, 2011 at 8:47pm
Restrictions: None
Another Great Quote
I was reminded of this quote the other day and wondered if any of you had heard it, or if anyone has ever felt that you were being asked to do that very thing. 

*Bird* "Faith is stepping off into the darkness of the great unknown and knowing
that God will either give you something to walk on or give you wings to fly." *Bird*


I think it's a great saying and a true description of the choices we are sometimes forced to make and the depth of our trust that things will be okay because God is in charge. 

I'm not saying that bad things won't happen to us.  I'm saying things will be okay because God is in charge.  This doesn't mean that I can just go jumping off cliffs for no reason and expect God to spare my life.  There are times, though, we face life-altering choices.  All we can do is the "next right thing."  If we made a bad choice in the past, we have to look at it like this: we made that decision based the circumstances at the time and our own best judgement.  However it turned out, it's over and in the past.  We can't re-write history.  All we can do is the next right thing. (That's another great quote. It's from AA.)

I'd love to hear from you on any of these quotes..


"Be especially kind, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Check out my new Rising Star, Mia - craving colour


© Copyright 2011 Pat ~ Rejoice always! (UN: mimi1214 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pat ~ Rejoice always! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/731967-Another-Great-Quote