*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/732305-Wednesday-is-Laundry-day-this-week
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#732305 added August 23, 2011 at 3:28pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday is Laundry day this week
Fidál (Grace), 4 Asmá’ (Names), 167 BE – Tuesday, August 23, 2011 about 12:30 PM Pacific Time

I have decided that Wednesday is laundry day this week. I have four or five baskets waiting for me to load them into the car. I will only load three baskets because that is my limit when going to the laundromat. I will take one basket of sheets, one of Mom’s cloths, and the third will be towels with some of my own thrown in.

I have a lot more to do tomorrow then just laundry, but Mom is short of cloths and sheets for her bed. I am getting tired of going to the laundromat. I am on a waiting list to get the drainpipes behind the washer lengthened. I have no idea how long I will be on that list before the funding comes in; in the mean time, I go to the laundry.

One of the nice things about laundry day at the laundromat is meeting people besides Mom. It is nice to carry on a conversation with someone who does not repeat themselves. Because of her short-term memory issues Mom repeats almost everything she says. Sometimes it gets so bad that I have to go into the kitchen or bathroom and let Mom talk to herself.

Another nice thing about the laundromat is snack machines. I can get a can of Arizona Ice Tea or Mango juice. I usually get mango juice because that is something I seldom buy.

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/732305-Wednesday-is-Laundry-day-this-week