*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/732368-Wednesday-Wonder
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#732368 added August 24, 2011 at 10:35am
Restrictions: None
Wednesday Wonder
“I am all the writers that I have read, all the people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities that I have visited, all my ancestors." Jorge Luis Borges





Clicked on Google and saw a doodle, following the link, I saw it was in honor of a Jorge Borges. I don't think I have ever heard of him. I began to read a little about him and came across the above quote. It resonated with me. We are are a composite of our relatives, what we read, and those with whom we associate. Our lives can constantly change if we are open to it. To absorb the changes in nature, philosophy, and politics. Women tend to be more effected by this than most as we tend to more adaptable, subject to changes in clothing, styles and colors.





I have thought often that the United States is not very Original in our food. Almost everything that is commercial or in stores to be purchased is a product of change. Pizza in Italy is nothing like the pies we serve here. Mexican is Mexi-American, even all the Asian food served is a variant of the original. I have been told that Chow Mein was a word that meant "left-overs." It was the vegetables and sauce that when they added the left over meat products became an American favorite. I noticed the difference in the Chow main (left-overs) that was served years ago, verses what is being served today.





I am a product of a generation, the teachings of my parents, the influence of friends and coworkers. Adding all that and my own interpretation, I am Tina Weaver. Who is that? I wasn't born that. My mother named me Christina. In all my life, except for the first few days of school and commercial companies, I have never used that name. I am Tina it is my identity and who I am. I am a great person, who reads, listens and loves the experience of new things.
© Copyright 2011 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/732368-Wednesday-Wonder