*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/732689-My-Mothers-Hearing-aids-are-singing
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#732689 added August 28, 2011 at 10:26pm
Restrictions: None
My Mother’s Hearing aids are singing
Jamál (Beauty), 9 Asmá’ (Names), 167 BE – Sunday, August 28, 2011 about sunset Pacific Time

It is odd, when I put Mom’s hearing aids in her ears this morning she did not want to wear them. She thinks they stop up her ears; however, I know that they help because she hears the television and people better when she is wearing them. When I took them out of her ears this evening, she did not want them removed. I am not sure whether she thought they were earrings or something else.

I took them out of her ears and brought them into the living room. I did not take the batteries out. I simply laid the hearing aids on the coffee table and went back to the computer. I did not work very long because Mom was screeching my name, so I got the pill for agitation and went back to her bedroom. I do not like giving that pill to her, but if she does not take it then she spends all night crying and does not go to sleep.

If she takes the tablet when she is agitated, then at least one of us gets some sleep. I do not sleep well any more, but I am going to wait until December to talk to a doctor about it. My Medicare effective date is December 1, 2011. My 65 birthday is December 24, 2011; when I get my welcome physical, I will discuss the sleeping issue with my doctor.

I have to change the batteries in the hearing aids, that is the reason they are “singing”. I will take the old batteries out and put new ones in tomorrow morning or later tonight, depending on how much work I get finished and how difficult it is to get to sleep.

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/732689-My-Mothers-Hearing-aids-are-singing