*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/732852-My-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#732852 added August 31, 2011 at 8:38am
Restrictions: None
My Day
Busy Day

Yesterday was a busy day. In the morning we went to Brooks and picked up the tractor and dray. I decided to take the back roads to Harrisville where Lake Side Farm and Implement is located. I had never taken the dirt road route but had been on parts of it over the years. It was almost a strait shot for about fifteen miles on the tractor at twenty MPH. Linda followed in the car. The log loader (dray) is now on consignment.

When we got home I BONDOed the speedometer fixture I had welded out of the thick sheet metal I mentioned several blogs ago. Today I sanded it smooth. The project turned out fairly well and I expect the gages… A speedometer, clock and Tachometer will fit nicely therein.

Then I went to work on the ’40 Ford. I did some more work on the floor and some body work on the cowl and doors. Getting that body whipped into shape is going to be a major undertaking. First the floor, then the roof and then fitting it to the chassis. There will still be plenty to do after that but that is as far ahead as I care to think right now.

There is an area behind the house that I tilled up and planted grass in today. I thought about a water feature….a small pond with a little waterfall and babbling brook (I always liked that descriptive term…“Babbling Book”) These water features are very popular here in Wisconsin and I guess they are everywhere these days. People put gold fish in them and plant ferns and grasses around and usually a stone bench of some sort. I think that would be very placid to have a little pond behind my hedge and wrought iron archway.

Linda bought me some of those crème wafers that have the sweet vanilla frosting sandwiched in-between. I am totally addicted to those things. This morning I finally got my diet under 180 lbs again and my wife buys me a pack of my favorite snacks.

We have quit sodas and have never been much of alcohol drinkers. That is surprising because I come from a long line of beer drinkers and boozers. Linda doesn’t drink either not because we consider it evil but because we prefer to drink other things. Right now those other things include a whole lot of water. My Doctor has been harping on that… told me the soda’s and juices I was drinking were probably the cause of my kidney stones…OUCH!

Karen gave me some options for a weekend Blog… They were write about an object, a beautiful scene or a trip back through time. Hmmmm I’ll have to give that one some thought.

Linda is getting excited about our trip in September. We have an evening booked at the Ritten House which is a bed and Breakfast located in Bayfield WI. It is a quaint little town on the Great lakes (Lake Superior.) It will be nice for the two of us to get away.

Have no fear about my classes…. They have Wifi as do most of the McDonalds so it should be no problem keeping in touch. In a worst case I will have most everything front end loaded and don’t anticipate anything going wrong. Famous last words *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/732852-My-Day