*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/733447-This-ones-about-whatever-you-like
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#733447 added September 7, 2011 at 12:28am
Restrictions: None
This one's about whatever you like.
THE PROMPT: "Summer? Autumn? Winter? Spring? Which is your favorite time of the year and why is it your favorite? Tell what kinds of things you like to do during that season."

As if you have to ask. *Cool*

I love Buffalo for the simple fact that we usually have all four seasons. Yeah, we get our fair share of snow up the ying-yang, but we sometimes also have a nice summer or such. In the Autumn, there are a lot of parks you can venture off to just to see the changing of the leaves. I love getting lost in the trails of Losson Park. Chestnut Ridge is also a good weekend venture.

For the Buffalonians that love to ski and do all sorts of outdoorsy wintery things, God bless ya. I can't be a party to that. But having had to live life walking to places, I'd rather walk through a Buffalo snowfall than any kind of spring or fall rainstorm. And you can put that on my grave.

I'm a Leo baby and nothing can keep me from the sun...or so I think. Springtime always used to be about a "renewal" for me...I'd shed the old skin and gear up for all the fun that summer would bring. But nothing can shake the summer from me. It's MY time. Just feeling the warmth of the sun makes having to sit through what feels like nine months of winter all the more worthwhile. And believe me, I try my best to take advantage of it.

Back in the day, I'd spend sun-up til sun-down roaming basketball courts, looking for a game. Now that I'm older, I might make it out to the hoop we've got in the driveway once in awhile (body permitting in my old age *Smirk*). However, my main love in the summer (like a lot of men) is grilling. The smell of the fire, the roasting of dead animal, and even the occasional gathering of family and friends...what's not to love? I enjoy concocting different marinades and creating side dishes...and if you don't mind me saying, the results usually turn out pretty good *Wink*.

I'd like to think my specialty is something I like to call "Heineken Chicken". Take some boneless, skinless chicken breasts, marinate them in a mixture of http://www.chiavettas.com/'s sauce, Heineken, a dash of soy sauce, a dash of {http://www.franksredhot.com/} and some parmesan cheese for at least six hours. Grill 'em til they're ready and melt a slice of provolone or mozzerella; they're good either as a main entree or on a toasted kaiser roll. Last time I made them, I even marinated some vegetables and grilled them up too...it was fabulous.

So that's my summer fun for ya...if ya see this kid in the driveway, stop on in and I'll grill ya up somethin' nice. Just remember, it's BYOB around here *Wink*.

MUSICAL BREAK:

There's just so many good summer songs out there, it's hard to choose which one is the best. I'll just go with a jam I rocked about a million or so times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNB8pNqwrKw

VITAL STATS:

Quiet day around here...this may be the longest entry in the terms of how long it took me to finish it. Started it before work, around 10am. Took a nap, went to work, and finished it off. Like good chicken, sometimes ya gotta let your thoughts marinate a bit. And with that I'mma take off...it wouldn't be a late Tuesday night without having to be up early on Wednesday. With that said, peace and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/733447-This-ones-about-whatever-you-like