*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/733623-This-ones-about-a-house
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#733623 added September 8, 2011 at 9:08pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about a house.
THE PROMPT: "Imagine the abstract part of you (mind, soul, spirit) is a house. What rooms are in the house? Which room is your favorite, or are you afraid of, or do you find yourself in most? Describe one of these rooms in detail, or give us an overview of the whole house full of rooms."

It would be a very deceiving-looking house. Plain in appearence and of average size, but once you're able to open the doors, everything inside opens up. The main floor is a typical house: kitchen, dining room, living room, bathroom and bedrooms. Adorned yet non-descript, fancy for their charm if nothing else.

The basement, however, is the true sense of the house. As large as the house but not partitioned into actual rooms so much as segments (almost in thirds), most of my time is spent here.

On one side is a lounge. Bright, fun, and playfulness describe every trinket and bit of decor. Ideas run as rampant as the wine. It's a gameroom by day and a disco at night.

The opposite end features a library of partially useless and nearly endless knowledge. Books line the walls in subjects of all sorts. There are a few archaic-looking desks and chairs, and the air reeks of seriousness. Work will be done here, no question.

You can spend almost as much time getting to either side of the basement as you'll spend in a room. A series of dark hallways can intersect and take you on a maze-like path. There are no guarantees that you won't end up where you started. It is in these halls that the visions are created for the work and play that will be accomplished. They're dark and non-inspiring, forcing you to your own devices in hopes that you're able to find your way.

This is the house inside my mind. And it's not for sale.

MUSICAL BREAK:

I realize it's nine minutes long, but it goes from sparse, quiet and sad to something almost grandiose and hopeful. They also have possibly one of the Top 5 band names in all of history. Enjoy responsibly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1gLQ7ae8zk&feature=related

VITAL STATS:

*Bullet* Football season is underway!! *Bigsmile*

*Bullet* Last day of work for another week. Whoo hoo!!

*Bullet* Not much going on (man, I've been boring lately) over my way, but if you'd be so kind, say a prayer to whomever you pray to for Julie D - PUBLISHED! . For those who haven't heard, she hasn't been around as much lately and has recently lost someone. Condolences and best wishes from us. *Heart* Peace everybody.

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/733623-This-ones-about-a-house