*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/733686-Addiction-can-be-a-beautiful-thing
by Lana
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1801169
Or just a mind that thinks too much.
#733686 added September 9, 2011 at 2:06pm
Restrictions: None
Addiction can be a beautiful thing!
I am hooked on Three Word Mayhem. I find it entertaining and not very time consuming. I have about five minutes between chores and spending time with the kids to either read, write, or stare off into space.

Another thing I am hooked on is Percy Goodfellow and Karen's blog. I find myself migrating from my studies to read what Mr. Percy has to say.
He brings a charm and sophistication to his writing. What I love most is how he can write about anything, example: mud or poop, and it would sound poetic. I haven't read any of his stories yet. I might never get my work done.

Karen, I feel I can relate to in a crazy way. I don't know if our lives have anything in common at all but her thoughts click with mine, and she is so kind to me. She is especially encouraging about my stories and always has a kind word, especially when it really sucks.

I am a firm believer that people arrive into your life at a certain point for a reason. There is always something you can learn from them and maybe you have something to offer them. I still ponder what lesson I have learned from this labor day weekend with the crazies. A.K.A  family. I keep telling myself to move out of town, but with the current economic crisis I am stuck where I am. In retrospect over the years of dealing with them I have learned not to be like them but i have never quite mastered being around them without losing a micro bit of sanity.

I am so upset about this that I find myself thinking about the possibility of abandoning my dream of moving away from them, and coming to grips with having to live with them forever. I would rather daydream. I am going to visit my mother today, because she is ill and I have to make her take her meds and hide her cigarettes. Then to my grandmothers to give her the cane I carved for her with the wood I picked up from the camping trip.

They won't say thank you, and they will find everything wrong with all that I do. Then they will visit each other and talk about me, fight, and call me to break it up.  Five years later they will tell someone how nice I was to take care of them, and I will hear a weak Chinese telephone version of their appreciation.

I think if I move away, I will have to start watching soap operas so I won't miss my family.  *Laugh*

© Copyright 2011 Lana (UN: lana18 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/733686-Addiction-can-be-a-beautiful-thing