*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/734108-This-ones-about-us
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#734108 added September 14, 2011 at 11:40pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about us.
THE PROMPT: "What are your favorite places within the Writing.com community and why? (Use links in your blog if you like.)"

I can't say I totally have a favorite "place" within WDC, because I know I don't take full advantage of what WDC offers anymore like I used to, and I really only use it for blogging.

And while I'd love to say that this place here is my favorite, I won't...that's like voting for yourself when you're not supposed to. But I can say undoubtedly that I've enjoyed the pleasure of the many friendships I've made with other members over the years. That's what makes WDC what it is...the people and the community. A good number of us are friends outside of WDC as well, which I think not only enhances our WDC experience but allows ourselves to show off our creativity in a different aspect.

I will, however, plug a contest I used to take part in (and win on occasion) way back in the day:

FORUM
The Writer's Cramp  (13+)
Write the best story or poem in 24 hours or less and win 10K GPs!
#333655 by Sophy


It's been quite a few years since I entered anything in it, but almost like the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS it's a daily contest based on a prompt. It was fun and I recommend it. I learned how to bang out my point in 20 lines or less. *Wink*

MUSICAL BREAK:

Ever get into one of those moods where everything's bothering you and you just can't shake it? I was driving down the 290 on my way home, and this song came on...for a second I felt a little flush, as if my troubles fell off the car as I was driving. It felt good. This song might not do the same for you, but it's amazing even at 60 MPH what some songs can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rR48-5W_CI

VITAL STATS:

*Bullet* Happy Three Year Anniversary to the one and only, beautiful and talented *Tulipr*Jess the CWC*Tulipr*!! *Bigsmile*

*Bullet* Hockey season's almost here...got to hang with my boy Adam and watch the Sabres' prospects win the championship game of the prospect tourney in Michigan...gonna be a good year for the blue and gold! And check out this article about some things ownership has done regarding season tickets...I think this is a really nice gesture.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/6970871/buffalo-sabres-players-owner-terry-peg...

That's it for today....whew, just before midnight too. Not like I'mma turn into a pumpkin or anything. Anyway, we're back it again tomorrow...GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/734108-This-ones-about-us